- 1 medium onion, coarsely chopped
- 3 medium scallions, chopped
- 2 Scotch bonnet chiles, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 tablespoon five-spice powder
- 1 tablespoon allspice berries, coarsely ground
- 1 tablespoon coarsely ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme, crumbled
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 (3 1/2 to 4-pound) chickens, quartered
1. In a food processor, combine the onion, scallions, chiles, garlic, five-spice powder, allspice, pepper, thyme, nutmeg, and salt; process to a coarse paste. With the machine on, add the soy sauce and oil in a steady stream. Pour the marinade into a large, shallow dish, add the chicken, and turn to coat. Cover and refrigerate overnight. Bring the chicken to room temperature before proceeding.
2. Light a grill. Grill the chicken over a medium-hot fire, turning occasionally, until well browned and cooked through, 35 to 40 minutes. (Cover the grill for a smokier flavor.) Transfer the chicken to a platter and serve.
2. Mediterranean Salmon Skewers
Recipe / Image Credit: Delish
- 1 lb. salmon fillets, preferably wild, cut into 2″ pieces
- 3 lemons, sliced
- Extra-virgin olive oil, for brushing
- kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Torn fresh dill, for garnish
1. Heat grill to high. Skewer salmon and lemon slices, then brush with olive oil and season all over with salt and pepper.
2. Grill skewers until salmon is cooked through, turning once, 6 to 8 minutes.
3. Garnish with dill and serve.
3. Garden-Fresh Grilled Veggie Pizza
Recipe / Image Credit: Taste of Home
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 medium tomatoes, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 large sweet red pepper, halved, stemmed and seeded
- 1 small zucchini, cut lengthwise into 1/4-inch-thick slices
- 1 small onion, cut crosswise into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1 prebaked 12-inch pizza crust
- 1/3 cup spreadable garden vegetable cream cheese
- 8 slices smoked provolone cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup minced fresh basil, divided
- 1/4 cup shredded carrots
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh oregano
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh thyme
1. Mix oil and garlic; brush onto both sides of vegetables. Sprinkle with pepper. Grill, covered, over medium heat until tender, 4-5 minutes per side for pepper and onion, 3-4 minutes per side for zucchini, 2-3 minutes per side for tomatoes.
2. Coarsely chop pepper, onion and zucchini. Spread pizza crust with cream cheese; layer with 4 slices provolone and the tomato slices. Sprinkle with 1/4 cup basil, the carrots, oregano and thyme. Top with grilled vegetables, then remaining 4 slices cheese.
3. Grill pizza, covered, over medium heat until bottom is golden brown and cheese is melted, 5-7 minutes. Top with remaining basil.