- 1.5 cups steel cut oats
- 3 cups plain, unsweetened almond milk
- 3 cups water
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1.8 teaspoon salt
- 2 large apples, shredded
1. Place oats, almond milk, water, maple syrup, cinnamon and salt in a slow cooker and mix.
2. Cover and cook on low for around 6-8 hours or on high for 3-4. If you can, we suggest stirring every so often.
3. Once fully cooked, peel and shred 2 large apples. Add to the slow cooker and mix. Cook for an additional 30 minutes.
4. Serve with nut butter, shredded apple, and cinnamon.
Slow Cooker Corn on the Cob
By Brit + Co
- 6-8 ears of corn
- Tin foil
- 6 tablespoons salted butter, at room temperature
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons flat parsley, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons chives, finely chopped
- Prepare the garlic herb butter by adding all ingredients into a small bowl and mixing until well combined.
- Place each ear of corn in a piece of tin foil. Take 1 or 2 teaspoons of herb butter and rub generously onto the ear of corn. Fold the tin foil around the ear of corn and place into the crockpot.
- Repeat with each ear of corn and herb butter, wrapping each one in tin foil. Save the remaining butter for topping after the corn is cooked.
- Cover the crockpot with the lid, then set to high for 2 hours.
- Top with any remaining butter and serve!
Slow Cooker Chicken, Kale, and Sweet Potato Soup
- 2 large or 4 small sweet potatoes, peeled and chopped into 1-inch pieces
- 1 bunch Lacinato kale, stems removed and thinly sliced (2 packed cups)
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts or thighs
- 2 32-oz boxes low-sodium chicken stock
- 2-3 teaspoons kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- Extra virgin olive oil, to serve
- Place all the ingredients in a 6-qt slow cooker, stirring to combine. Cover and cook on high for 4 hours or low for 6, or until the sweet potatoes are tender and the chicken is cooked through and very tender.
- Remove the chicken and shred with two forks. Return to the slow cooker and stir to combine. Taste and add additional salt to taste. Serve hot with a generous drizzle of olive oil.
Slow Cooker Sweet Peaches
- 3 lbs fresh peaches about 6 cups once sliced and pitted
- 1 tbsp corn starch
- 2 tbsp cane sugar
- 1 lemon juiced
- Remove the pits from the peaches and slice them (skin stays on).
- Toss the peaches in a bowl with the corn starch, sugar and the juice of the lemon.
- Spray the slow cooker with non-stick spray and then add the peaches to the crockpot.
- Cook on HIGH for 4 hours, or LOW for 8 hours, checking occasionally and stirring to prevent sticking or burning.